The club is committed to providing a safe, secure environment for you and your child/children. In support of this a child welfare officer is appointed at the Annual General Meeting each year.
- All the teachers, poolside helpers, committee members and parent helpers are subject to a Criminal Records Bureau ( CRB ) check.
- All teachers are aware of the standard operating procedures of both the pools used for teaching swimming.
- All teachers are aware of the reporting procedures for child injuries.
- The club has insurance in respect of injuries for club members.
- The club has adopted the ASA equity and code of ethics.
- The club has a disability policy
- The club has developed assessment strategies to minimise risk.
- All data obtained and identifiable information is regarded as confidential and will only be shared with your consent.
- The teachers need to know if a swimmer has any illness which may require urgent medical intervention e.g. asthma, epilepsy, allergic reactions.
If you have any concerns regarding the welfare or protection of your child please alert the welfare officer or an officer of the committee as soon as possible so that an investigation and an action plan can be implemented.
Further information can be found below on the attached document